NSSTA MEMBER FORUM
March 15, 2018
On Thursday, March 15, the NSSTA Board of Directors will host a NSSTA Member Forum in Houston, Texas. The idea is to “take NSSTA to our Members” to discuss critical issues, listen to comments and suggestions from our members and develop action plans to respond to challenges and business development opportunities.
Click Here to RSVP for the NSSTA Member Forum - Houston!
NSSTA Member Forum in Houston, Texas:
- Date: Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Time: 12:30pm – 2:30pm (Lunch will be provided)
- Location: Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse - 1510 Texas Avenue - Houston, TX
Agenda for the NSSTA Member Forum:
1. Provide members with an overview of the major issues the NSSTA Board of Directors is focused on here at the start of 2018.
2. Highlight the major meetings, conferences and activities on the NSSTA calendar for 2018 and 2019.
3. Now that the U.S. Congress and the Trump Administration have passed comprehensive Federal Tax Reform Legislation, we will discuss what is currently on the NSSTA policy agenda on Capitol Hill.
- Navigate the Tax Reform "Technical Corrections" Bill
- Establish a new "Structured Settlements Leadership Circle"
- Provide guidance to implement new rules for Liability MSA's
- Pass a District of Columbia SSPA
- Work with the Congress and the Labor Department to allow Federal Compensation Act Programs for Energy Workers, Nuclear Power Plant Employees, the Postal Service and Coal Mine Industry Workers to utilize Structured Settlements
- Continue to build the Congressional Structured Settlements Caucus in a Mid-Term Election Year
4. Work with the NSSTA State Legislative Action Group to establish liaison with Texas Settlement Consultants for the upcoming 86th Session of the Texas Legislature that begins on January 8, 2019.
5. NSSTA has established professional alliances with organizations like the American Association of People with Disabilities, the National Consumers League, the American Association for Justice and the American Insurance Association to name a few. What should NSSTA be doing to build relationships with plaintiff and defense attorneys, mediators, health care professionals and claims professionals?
6. Marketing and Communications Plan: An innovative NSSTA marketing and communication strategy with four main elements:
- Members First Campaign to refocus internal and external messaging around the value of being a member of NSSTA to increase membership and member participation
- Reputation Management to raise the positive exposure for the organization
- Story telling video projects to advocate for structured settlements
- "On the Hill" podcast to keep members and the public informed
7. Expand NSSTA University: Expand the NSSTA University user experience by providing members with the tools and information they need to improve performance capabilities of structured settlement industry professionals. Organizational and management initiatives will include:
- Production of on-demand Webinars focused on the mechanics of how NSSTA members can present the benefits of structured settlements to Attorney's and Claims Officials
- Development of a master CLE PowerPoint deck that NSSTA Members can build from for their own personal-professional use